The ten members of the BTU-TSP Negotiations team and the seven member District team met for four hours at the TSSC Bank Annex Building to exchange non-economic proposals. After opening remarks, the parties submitted proposals.
BTU-TSP opened 3 articles:
(contains several proposals)
BTU-TSP proposed a provision allowing super-seniority for TSP stewards and TSP officials to be given a preference from layoffs to the same extent as exists for BTU stewards in the EP and ESP bargaining units.
- adding language to protect TSP employees that are deemed not to be qualified for a selected job/position from automatically being laid-off during the layoff process.
- First, adding relief to the 4 day summer work week for those TSP employees experiencing a hardship due to working the 4 day extended-hour summer work week.
- Second, adding language that all on-call assignments shall be made on a fair and equitable rotation basis.
- Third, adding language to the flexible hour provision for medical appointments and emergences providing that approval by a supervisor shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- Fourth, adding a new provision that excludes TSP exempt employees from having to punch time clocks.
- Fifth, a new provision allowing TSP employees to attend school functions during the work day with pay.
The district opened only one substantive proposal:
- Article 11, dealing with the collection of over and under payments.
- The district also presented 14 articles for "clean up" which they allege require minor name changes. The BTU-TSP negotiating team is reviewing the district's proposals.
The next BTU-TSP bargaining session with the district is scheduled to be held on February 23 at 1:30 pm at the BTU office. All members are welcome to attend.
01.10.17 The next TSP Negotiation Session has been scheduled for Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 1:00 PM in the TSSC Annex Bank Lobby. Employee Relations has approved the following Technical Support Professionals to be released to attend this meeting allowing ample travel time: Robert Carlough (BECON), Virgil Cruz (School Applications), Matt Decker (Building Department), Scott Gillen (Building Department), Clara Knowles (PPO), Kim Murray (Budget), Pam Norwood (Capital Budget) and Carolyn Steele (Nurse, Westwood Heights Elementary).